DC Labs Summer School Scholarships 2018
Applications closed for 2018
Now in its third year, the annual DC Labs Summer Scholarship Programme is an exciting opportunity to work with researchers, designers, and students across the UK at the cutting edge of digital creativity for nine weeks. This year's Summer School will run from 9 July - 7 September 2018.
Apply now for this excellent opportunity to test and expand your skills, build new friendships, make an impact, and hike the Yorkshire moors and dales, all within the buzzing surroundings of DC Labs.
This summer we are offering places on the following projects:
- enable people with disabilities to create art with AI
- produce a data-driven interactive film
- map the future of television
- automatically generate game levels that are novel every time
- develop more engaging and democratic ways for Kenyan farmers to participate in research
- turn undergraduate biology into a collectible card game
- identify key obstacles, requirements, and opportunities for AI innovation in the games industry
All students who are committed to a course of study at an undergraduate, masters, or PhD level in the following year are eligible.
It is important to consider that you must be available to undertake the entire 9 week Summer School programme; Monday 9 July - Friday 7 September 2018
The scholarships carry a tax-free stipend and financial assistance will be given for travel expenses to and from York. Accommodation for successful students is available on the University of York Campus
How to Apply
Interested in applying? To apply you need to provide, as one PDF document:
- Your CV (maximum of 2 pages)
- A brief personal statement (maximum of 1 page) including:
- Which project(s) and/or which role(s) in (a) group project(s) you are interested in (as many as you like but in preference order)
- Your reasons for applying
- Your academic interest
- Your future aspirations
- A full written academic reference (not just contact details). Your application will not be accepted without this reference (maximum of 1 page).
Send these via e-mail as one PDF document to firstname.lastname@example.org Please note that your information will be made freely available to potential supervisors at the University of York and that by applying you consent to this.
If your referee would prefer to send the reference separately, they can do so to the email address above but we ask you to co-ordinate with your referee to ensure that the application and reference arrive more or less together. We cannot consider applications that are incomplete after the deadline has passed.
Now CLOSED for 2018
Successful applicants for 2018 will be advised by Friday, 20 April 2018