Prof Helen Petrie
Department of Computer Science
University of York
Helen is Professor of Human Computer Interaction in the Department of Computer Science at the University of York. She is a Co-Investigator for DC Labs.
Her main research interests are:
- design and evaluation of technologies for disabled and elderly people
- methods and techniques for evaluation in human computer interaction
- accessibility of the World Wide Web for disabled people.
- design and evaluation of technologies for cultural heritage
- psychological aspects of the introduction and use of new technologies.
She teaches on the Masters in Human Centred Interactive Technologies in the Department and supervises a number of MSc and PhD students.